Friday, October 9, 2009

Sometimes my uterus wins.

Okay, I was going to make this a "no uterus talk allowed" blog, but endometriosis is such a huge part of who I am, unfortunately, that I really can't leave it out.  I'll just try to keep the endometriosis talk to my other blog. 

I really hate that endo holds me back from doing things, especially since this is the year where I'm trying to do new things and take risks. I had my fourth surgery for endo in July, and I really thought that was going to be the beginning of a new, pain free life for me.  Unfortunately, I am still in pain, whether it is from endo or scar tissue or something else entirely. I still have to figure out when I'm going to get my period, and make sure there are no plans for those day(s).  I feel like it's the one thing holding me back in life.  And it sucks! 

I got my period yesterday, and now I am in pain and won't be able to run tonight.  I don't really care about missing one run, it's the fact that once a month, I miss something.  A family gathering, going out with friends, trip out of town, even just enjoying a lazy weekend watching TV is affected by the endo. 

My only option at this point is to try to stay positive, thank God I'm not in pain everyday like some of my endo sisters, and look forward to being pain free (hopefully) tomorrow!

Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment